Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice
Association members aspire to:
- Practice their profession with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and adherence to the absolute obligation to safeguard professional trust.
- Act according to the highest standards and visions of their organization, profession and conscience.
- Encourage colleagues to embrace and apply these ethical principles and standards of professional practice.
- Inspire others through their own sense of dedication and high purpose.
- Improve their professional knowledge and skills so that their performance will better serve others.
- Respect the basic human rights of individuals and groups as expressed in the United Nations
Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international conventions derived from that Declaration.
- Empower individuals, groups, communities, and societies to act on their own behalf in so far as is possible.
- Demonstrate concern for the interests, well-being, and dignity of self, colleagues, and other individuals affected by their actions.
- Be fully aware of their professional responsibility to the communities and societies in which they live and work; apply and
make public their personal knowledge in order to contribute to the public good.
- Be aware of the effects of social policy and service delivery on the lives of their colleagues and the people they serve.
- Identify options and support steps to advocate for the principles of social justice.